Can I Add Money To My Direct Express Card?
The Direct Express card is a solution that the U.S. Treasury Department set up as an alternative to paper checks for federal benefits recipients. Your federal paying agency automatically deposits money to your Direct Express card account on the payment day each month.
This is the only money that is available to you for spending with the Direct Express card. You are not allowed to deposit any other funds or cash to your Direct Express account.
The only funds that can be deposited onto your Direct Express account other than federal benefits are refunds for purchases you made with the card.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Why Can’t I Add Money To My Direct Express Card?
The government has restricted the type of transactions that are accepted with your Direct Express card. Unlike a regular checking or savings account, the Direct Express card is set up to only accept funds paid by the federal government. That’s why you are not allowed to add any money to your Direct Express card.
How Can I Pay For Something With A Direct Express Card If I Can’t Add Money To It?
If you have available funds, you can use your Direct Express card to make payments just like you would with any other debit card.
You can use your Direct Express card to make a payment also when the remaining balance on the card is less than the purchase price. Simply let the cashier know that your Direct Express card will be used only for a certain amount. You can then pay the rest of the balance with cash, check, or another card.
- Discover more on how to Access Direct Express Cardless Benefit.
- Learn more on what to do when your Direct Express Card is Lost.
- Get all the facts here about your Direct Express Routing Number.
What If I Have Money Coming From A Non-federal Benefits Source?
If you have money coming from a non-federal benefits source and would like to deposit it into an account, you will have to open another account. This money can’t be deposited on your Direct Express card.
Can I Transfer Money From My Direct Express Card To Another Card Or Account?
It is not possible to transfer money from your Direct Express card to another card.
However, you can transfer money from your Direct Express account to a personal U.S. checking or savings bank account. There is a $1.50 fee for each transfer. This fee is deducted from your Direct Express card account. Fund transfers typically take about 2-3 business days to arrive.
To make a transfer, call the Direct Express customer service department number on the back of your card or visit the Direct Express website.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!