The Complete Guide To The Comerica Bank Direct Express Card
If you are here to learn a little about facts associated with the Direct Express Social Security Debit Card or wondering what number to call or what the details are all about and how to use this card to the best extent possible, then perfect, you have found the right article.
What I’m going to do in this article is give you all the Direct Express facts that you need to know about your card so that I can help you out with using your card and benefiting the most.
Quick Navigation Article Links
- Part of Comerica Bank?
- How Direct Express Started
- Historical Benefits
- Top 4 Benefits
- Services Offered
- Signup Safe & Secure
- Why Safe And Secure?
Is Direct Express Part Of Comerica Bank?
Comerica Bank issues The Direct Express® Debit Mastercard® card.
The Comerica Bank issues your Mastercard under the license from Mastercard International, Inc.
This is a debit card to access your benefits, so you don’t need a bank account because we deposit your federal benefit payments directly into your card account. The card can also be used to make purchases, pay bills or get cash at thousands of locations with no monthly fee and no fee to receive the card.
How Direct Express Started With Comerica Bank
In 2008, the Treasury’s Fiscal Service and Comerica Bank launched the Direct Express® Prepaid Debit Mastercard® to give Social Security payments or Supplemental, VA, or Security Income, or any other federal benefits to you automatically via the Direct Express card on your payment date.
The headquarters of Comerica is located in Dallas, Texas. Comerica is a financial services company, has a Business Bank, a Wealth Management, and a Retail Bank.
Comerica Bank was selected from over a dozen banks that had responded for nationwide debit card services because of its previous experience for state government programs as a prepaid debit card issuer for millions of benefit recipients.
Comerica Bank has a partner, ACS State, and Local Government, Inc. Since 2003 they have been serving state and local governments to work together to operate debit card programs.
Historical Benefits Since The Beginning Of The Direct Express Comerica Bank Debit Card
The Direct Express Debit MasterCard card is Treasury recommended as convenient and a safe alternative to checking accounts to receive your federal benefits.
It has been implemented successfully in 13 states representing 25 benefit and payment programs that services over 2.5 million recipients throughout the USA, all territories, Mexico, Canada, and many more foreign countries.
Comerica Bank offers a fee schedule that allows the benefit recipients to use the debit card at little or no cost because most services are free.
- Discover more about Direct Express Benefit Access.
- Learn all the info about Direct Express Routing Number.
- Get all the facts here on what to do when your Direct Express card is lost.
Top 4 Benefits Of The Direct Express® Card
- No need to have a bank account or carry cash
- You get your money on time, every month
- No need to worry about checks
- Download the Direct Express Mobile App for free.
A few of the services may have a small fee that you can research by visiting Direct Express FAQs at:
Services Comerica Bank’s Direct Express Card Offers
Some of the services are:
- No cost to sign up
- No monthly fees or overdraft fees
- No fee to use the card wherever Mastercard® is accepted
- No fee to get extra cashback with purchases
- No fee to get cash from a bank or credit union
- One free ATM cash withdrawal for each deposit posted to your card. (If you use an ATM that isn’t a part of your card’s network, then of course you may be charged a fee.)
There are several ways, including the use of free automated telephone messages, emails, and texts, to keep track of your balance or transactions, including a Low Balance Alert when it reaches a limit that you choose, will notify you. You can buy money orders at the U.S. Post Office or other authorized locations.
Also, Comerica Bank offers a surcharge-free ATM network throughout the country with nearly 50,000 ATMs.
Signup To Receive Your Direct Express Card
To get your card you can call 1 800-333-1795 between 9 AM-7 PM ET Monday – Friday or by internet at https://www.godirect.gov/gpw/enrollment
Why Is The Direct Express® Card Safe And Secure?
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) insures your money up to the maximum that the law allows.
- You get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you use at ATMs, online, and in stores.
- Your four-digit PIN number is of course chosen by you upon the time you activate the card.
- To replace your card, call customer service in case it’s lost or stolen.
If you don’t like your card, you can close your account at no charge by simply calling 1 (888) 741-1115, and customer service will assist you.
And it is recommended to enroll in the direct deposit program for future payments if you decide to close your account by simply calling 1 (800) 772-1213 and the Treasury’s GoDirect Hotline will assist you or by internet at www.godirect.org
An alternative way to sign up for a direct deposit is by calling 1 (800) 772-1213 to the Social Security Administration or by internet at www.socialsecurity.gov Lastly, you can also sign up at your bank or credit union.