Direct Express Deposit Calendar For 2020
The Social Security Administration manages two different benefit programs: the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. Your payment schedule depends on the type of benefits you are receiving.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Payment Schedule
SSI is intended to help low-income disabled individuals with very few assets and qualifying disabled children. The federal SSI payment standard in 2020 is $783 per month.
SSI payments are made on the first day of the month. If that day is a weekend or a federal holiday, the payment is made the business day before. For example, if the 1st of the month falls on a Saturday, you’ll receive your benefits on Friday.
Note that if you started receiving benefits before May 1997, you’ll receive your payment on the third day of each month.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Payment Schedule
SSDI benefits are available to disabled individuals who have earned work credits by being in the workforce for at least ten years. The average SSDI payment for 2020 is $1,258 per month.
SSDI payments are automatically deposited to your Direct Express account on the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month, depending on your day of birth.
- If you were born on the 1st–10th of the month, the payment is deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- If you were born on the 11th–20th of the month, the payment is deposited on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- If you were born on the 21st–31st of the month, the payment is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
When the payment day falls on a federal holiday, the money will be deposited on the last weekday before the holiday.
If you started receiving benefits before May 1997, your payment will be made on the third day of the month.
- Learn all the info on what to do when your Direct Express card is lost.
- Get all the facts about how Direct Express’s Emergency Cash program works.
- All you need to know about Direct Express Routing Number.
What If I Am Receiving Both SSI And SSDI Benefits?
If you are eligible for both SSI and SSDI benefits, the date of payment will be the 3rd day of each month.