What To Do When There Are No Pending Deposits On My Direct Express Card?
What Is A Pending Deposit?
A pending deposit is the money that has been deposited on your Direct Express card, but that you are not yet authorized to use.
A pending deposit is still processing. The bank is verifying the funds and they will be available to you soon. You can usually check your Direct Express pending transactions a day or two before the payment date.
It is important to remember, however, that you won’t be able to use your funds until the money is fully available on your Direct Express card and the deposit is no longer pending.
When Is Money Deposited On My Direct Express Card?
Your Social Security payment is automatically deposited to your Direct Express card account on either the second, third, or fourth Wednesday of each month. When you will receive the money depends on your day of birth.
- If you were born on the 1st–10th of the month, the payment is deposited on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
- If you were born on the 11th–20th of the month, the payment is deposited on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- If you were born on the 21st–31st of the month, the payment is deposited on the 4th Wednesday of each month.
If the day your payment should be made falls on a federal holiday, the money will be deposited on the last business day before the holiday.
What Time Does Direct Express Deposit Hit?
In general, Social Security payments are posted at midnight on your payment day.
This means that if, for example, your payment date is the 1st of the month, you can expect to receive the deposit at midnight on the 31st.
In case your payment day falls right after a weekend or holiday, the money will be deposited at midnight on the last business day before your payment day.
When Does Direct Express Show Pending Deposits?
If you are expecting a Social Security payment, you can check your pending deposit on your Direct Express card 1-2 days before your payment date.
How Can I Check Pending Deposits On Direct Express?
There are several ways to see pending deposits on your Direct Express card:
- Check your balance by logging in to your account on the Direct Express website
- Check your balance through the Direct Express mobile app.
- You can also sign up for the deposit notification on the Direct Express mobile app. This service is free of charge.
- Call the Direct Express customer service number listed on the back of your card and select option 5. The automated system will provide you with the available balance and any pending deposits.
- You can check your balance at any ATM that displays the MasterCard acceptance mark. Use the Direct Express ATM locator to find your nearest surcharge-free ATM.
Why Can’t I See Pending Deposits On My Direct Express Card?
Payments issued by direct deposit on your Direct Express card will usually arrive as scheduled.
In some cases, however, your SSI direct deposit may be late and it won’t show up on your payment day. If this is the case, the reason may be that it has simply taken a few extra days to process.
However, if you don’t see any SSI pending deposits on your card, the paying agency might have also canceled or rolled back the deposit. In this case, deposits will not be posted to the account. Contact your paying agency directly for more information.
Finally, it occasionally happens that the Direct Express system is down, and your pending deposit will appear as soon as it is back up and running.
- Discover more on how to Access Direct Express Cardless Benefit.
- Learn more on what to do when your Direct Express Card is Lost.
- Get all the facts here about your Direct Express Routing Number.
What Should I Do If I Can’t See Any Pending Deposits On My Card?
Here’s what you need to do if you can’t see your pending SSI direct deposit on your Direct Express card.
First of all, confirm that your payday is correct. The Social Security website lists all the payment dates for 2021.
You should also keep in mind that there are some exceptions to the payment date. For example, if you started receiving benefits before May 1997 or if you are receiving both Social Security benefits and Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your payment will be made on the third day of the month.
If you still can’t see any pending deposits three business days after your payment date, you should call the Social Security Administration toll-free at (800) 772-1213 or contact your local Social Security office.
To find your nearest office, you can use the Social Security Office Locator.
Learn more about Direct Express in this frequently asked questions article here.
What Is The Direct Express Pending Deposit Phone Number?
If you want to check your Direct Express pending transactions, you can call the Social Security Administration toll-free number (800) 772-1213. The customer service is available 24/7.
Alternatively, you may want to contact your local Social Security office. You can find your nearest office by using the Social Security Office Locator.
Direct Express Pending Deposit Stimulus Check 2021
A stimulus check is the spending money that taxpayers receive each year in order to boost consumption and stimulate the economy. This payment is non-taxable and it doesn’t count against your government benefits.
You can receive stimulus funds on your Direct Express card in the following cases:
- You receive your monthly Social Security benefit or SSI payment via a Direct Express card.
- You did not file a 2020 or 2019 tax return.
- You did not use the IRS “Non-Filer” tool to provide information to receive a previous stimulus payment.
The stimulus check amount for 2021 for adult and child dependents under the age of 17 is $1,400 for individuals. In most cases, stimulus funds are received in the same way that you receive their regular benefits. In other words, if you are a Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans, and Railroad Retirement Board recipient, your stimulus check is automatically deposited to your Direct Express card account.
The IRS sent stimulus payments by direct deposit on April 7, so if you are an SSDI, SSI, or VA benefits recipient, you should have already received your stimulus check by now. A letter about the stimulus check was normally sent to your latest registered address within 15 days after the payment was made.
The most recent batch of payments paid out on April 28 included “plus-up payments.” These payments were sent to people who received stimulus payments from the IRS based on their 2019 tax returns but are eligible for a larger payment based on their 2020 returns.