Direct Express Activation ID
There is no activation ID for a Direct Express card.
To activate your Direct Express card, you have two options:
You can call the Customer Service Department at (888) 741-1115. Activation requires that you enter the card number printed on the front of your card, your date of birth, as well as the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Alternatively, you can activate your new Direct Express card online. As a new user, you will be required to enter your card information and provide your social security number and email address.
- If your card starts with “533248”, click the “Create New User” button and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If your card starts with “511563”, go to the “Activate/Register Card” section, type in your card number, and click the “Activate/Register” button.
Once you have registered, you will be able to choose your user ID and password.
- Learn all the info on what to do when your Direct Express card is lost.
- Get all the facts about how Direct Express’s Emergency Cash program works.
- All you need to know about Direct Express Routing Number.