How Long To Get Refunds To My MetaBank Card?
We all get a bit excited over the prospect of a refund. Whether it’s a bank error in our favor, a tax refund that gets us our tax returns much earlier than we expected, or something else entirely, a refund is always nice.
Nice, but never easy. All too often, banks, gift cards, and merchants make it difficult to qualify for a refund, and even then, there are more boxes to tick and hoops to jump through before you can get your money.
So, if you use a MetaBank card, what can you expect from your refund process? What sort of refunds do MetaBank offer, and how long should you wait before you receive your money?
Let’s find out.
- What Is MetaBank – A Brief Overview
- How Do I Qualify For A MetaBank Refund
- Should I Apply For A MetaBank Refund
- How Long Before My Refund Arrives
- The Bottom Line
What Is MetaBank – A Brief Overview
MetaBank is an alternative financial service, designed for users with poor or no credit who don’t wish to be tied to traditional banking systems. MetaBank is one of the leading providers of prepaid cards in the US. They specialize in prepaid cards for all occasions – travel cards, gift cards, automobile payments, cards for agricultural or business purposes, borrowing, and much more.
Since MetaBank doesn’t require credit checks, just about everyone is eligible for a MetaBank account. However, this also means that your MetaBank account and any subsequent transactions don’t impact your credit score in any way – for bad or for good.
Prepaid cards allow for an extra feeling of security, as you can rest assured that you won’t accidentally spend more than you intended. This no-credit scheme is what makes MetaBank accounts suitable for people with no credit or bad credit.
MetaBank’s optional direct deposit system, which you can sign up for when you open an ACE Flare account, allows users to receive deposits up to two days early, and also eliminates the need for handling paper checks.
How Do I Qualify For a MetaBank Refund?
Since MetaBank provides mostly prepaid cards, you load up your cards with your own funds and use that money. Some charges will be taken off your card. For example, a monthly maintenance fee will be charged, as well as an inactivity fee, applied after five months of inactivity on your account.
This means that your money should stay where it is, and you aren’t likely to need a refund. However, you might receive a tax refund through your MetaBank account, which allows you to receive your tax return ahead of time. You might also need a refund if your card is used fraudulently.
If a merchant has overcharged you or takes money from your account, it would be best to contact them for a refund first.
Should I Apply For a MetaBank Refund?
In cases of card fraud, you will need to contact your MetaBank branch directly. The first step is to cancel your prepaid card. Then, talk to your MetaBank representative to learn what else you need to do. You may need to prove that the charges on your card are fraudulent. It may take some time to process your refund.
One of the most commonly requested MetaBank refunds is tax refunds. MetaBank allows users to receive their tax refund early, and the bank will take back their “loan” when your tax return arrives.
However, there are some basics you should know before applying for a tax refund:
- A tax refund is not a loan – it’s a refund. Still, you may have to pay a small amount of interest and charges, depending on the type of tax refund you apply for.
- You must file an electronic tax return online. Before your refund can be accepted and processed, your tax return must be filed electronically and online and then submitted to MetaBank pending your acceptance. This is to make sure that you’ll have enough money to pay back your early refund when tax season arrives.
- The amount of your refund and interest will be deducted from your payment. When your official tax refund arrives, any interest, charges, and the original sum you borrowed will be deducted from the payment. MetaBank must be sure that you will receive enough money in your refund to fund your early refund.
- Make sure you know what type of refund you’re applying for. MetaBank, like many other financial services, offers a variety of different tax refunds. While these refunds aren’t loans, they are a form of financial contract. Make sure you read the fine print, and know exactly how much money you’ll be paying back out of your official tax refund.
Tax refunds are very common. Most people pay tax, and waiting for the government to pay back your money can take a while. In the meantime, we all have bills and expenses to pay. So, taking out tax refunds allows you to get access to your money earlier than you otherwise would have done.
How Long Before My Refund Arrives?
If you’re waiting for a tax refund, once your application has been accepted, you can receive a tax refund on a prepaid card in around 8-10 days. Speak to a MetaBank representative for more information.
The Bottom Line
We all love a refund, but getting them can be a little trickier than you might expect. However, with a prepaid card, you might not need refunds as often as you expect. Merchant refunds are processed in the same way as any other transaction.