What Bank Is Rushcard Affiliated With
So, RushCard is not a bank itself. It cannot provide any visa or credit card and it doesn’t have its own FDIC insurance.
If that’s true, how can RushCard advertise a prepaid visa debit? Which bank provides that card? And is it insured?
Those are important questions you need to answer before you decide to use a Rushcard debit.
In this article, I will go into detail on those topics and explain how RushCard is able to provide their prepaid visa debit card.
Keep reading to learn more.
Quick Navigation Links:
- What Bank Is RushCard Affiliated With?
- Who Owns RushCard?
- What Is UniRush?
- What Bank Is Green Dot Through?
- What Are MetaBanks?
- How Do I Contact RushCard?
- What Is A MetaBank
What Bank Is RushCard Affiliated With?
RushCard is partnered with Visa and MetaBank to provide its card and banking services. To give its customers a visa card, RushCard had to partner with an FDIC insured financial institution.
However, MetaBank does not own RushCard, they are simply a partner.
Who Owns RushCard?
RushCard is owned by UniRush.
What Is UniRush?
UniRush is a company that was created in 2003 by a man named Russel Simmons. Russel Simmons is a hip-hop figure who wanted to create a convenient banking service with low fees to assist minority communities.
He noticed that prepaid debit cards are usually used by individuals who do not have a checking account or are considered “unbanked”.
Those people usually pay by cash and rely on month to month income. This can make it difficult for them to maintain a bank account and cover the accounts fees.
In 2015, RushCard had a serious software issue that affected more than 400,000 customers. Mr. Simmons took responsibility and worked to correct the issues and cover his customers expenses.
Green Dot started looking into purchasing RushCard from Mr. Simmons around that time.
On January 30th 2017, Green Dot acquired UniRush and RushCard. Green Dot bought UniRush for an estimated $147 pluss annual earn out payments totaling $4 million dollars for 5 years.
Green Dot bought UniRush and RushCard under the agreement that Green Dot will not be responsible or liable for the 2015 incident.
What Bank Is Green Dot Through?
Green Dot Bank is a partner of Bonneville Bank. This allows them to offer low cost services with FDIC insured accounts. Green Dot is also partnered with the U.S. Treasury.
This allows their customer to use a prepaid debit card that is accepted by many retailers and has a measure of insurance. Ushcard is also partnered with Visa which allows them to issue VISA debit cards.
The purpose of this partnership is to provide easier access for their customers to use their funds through a secure and nationally accepted card.
How Do I Contact RushCard?
You should be able to contact RushCard 24/7 and speak to a customer service agent. Their customer service phone number is (866) 787-4227.
If you are already a customer, you should be able to log into your account and click the “help” button to speak to an agent.
If you are not a customer you can click this link to visit RushCard login page. Click the “help” button and a message box will automatically pop up. You can communicate with an agent there.
What Is MetaBank?
MetaBank is a company that offers online banking services. MetaBank is a United States bank.
Their accounts include checking and savings accounts. MetaBank offers a prepaid card for individuals who prefer that option. They also offer tax services, commercial finance, and consumer lending.
- Is RushCard a real bank and if not, what bank is RushCard associated with? Click the link to learn more. RushCard Pre Paid Debit Card Review And Company Review
- Scroll through the RushCard home page to learn more about the features they offer. Click the link below. RushCard
- Visit RushCard contact page or click on their message button to speak to a customer service agent. Click the link below. Contact Us | RushCard
- Learn more about MetaBank by clicking this link. MetaBank
- What bank is Green Dot Bank partnered with? Learn more here. Bonneville Bank Selected as Prepaid Debit Card Issuer for US Department of Treasury Pilot Tax Refund Program | Green Dot Corporation
- Who owns RushCard now? Click this link to learn more. Russell Simmons Sells RushCard to Green Dot for $147 Mil. | Billboard
- Has Green Dot purchased UniRush and rushCard? Click this link to learn more. Green Dot to Acquire UniRush, LLC, Operating Company for RushCard and Rapid! PayCard.