How To Activate My Direct Express Card
How Do I Order A Direct Express Card?
If you are receiving federal benefit payments such as Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and want to order a Direct Express card, all you need to do is call the Direct Express card customer service toll-free at (800) 333-1795. Direct Express will notify your federal paying agency and provide them with all the information they need to start sending benefit payments to your account.
How Long Does It Take For A Direct Express Card To Get Delivered?
It usually takes 10 business days for your new Direct Express card to arrive in the mail. Direct Express doesn’t provide a tracking number for mailing new cards. If your card has not arrived after 10 days, you should contact the Direct Express customer service to find out what the problem is.
What Steps Should I Take To Activate My Direct Express Card?
There are three different ways to activate your Direct Express card:
- Call Direct Express customer service toll-free at (800) 333-1795. To activate the card, you will be required to enter the number printed on the front of your card, your date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- You can also activate your Direct Express card online. Visit the Direct Express website, enter your card information, and click the “activate/register” button. As a new user, you will be required to enter your card information, social security number, and email address. After you have registered, you will be asked to choose your user ID and password. You can now log in to your account and activate the card.
- Alternatively, you can activate your card via the Direct Express mobile app. Once you have downloaded the app, click on the “register” button to sign in and activate your card.
How Long Does It Take To Activate The Card?
Your card is ready to use immediately after it is activated either by phone, online, or in the app.
- Discover more about Direct Express Benefit Access.
- Learn all the info about Direct Express Routing Number.
- Get all the facts here on what to do when your Direct Express card is lost.
What Can I Use My Card For After It’s Activated?
You can use your Direct Express card any time to:
- Withdraw cash at ATMs
- Make purchases at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and convenience stores
- Get cash back at retail locations
- Pay bills and set up automatic bill payments
- Make online purchases
- Buy money orders at the U.S. Post Office
In addition, you can use your Direct Express card outside the United States, wherever MasterCard is accepted.