If you are here to learn a little about facts associated with the Direct Express Social Security Debit Card and if it’s possible to transfer money to Chime App or wondering what number to call or what the details are all about and how to use this card to the best extent possible, then perfect! You have found the right article.
What I’m going to do in this article is give you all the Direct Express facts that you need to know about your card so that I can help you out with using your card and benefiting the most.
NOTE: Interested in life insurance to cover final expenses like funeral and cremation costs? Or do you want to leave extra money behind to a loved one?
If so, we have access to affordable, high-quality life insurance products that:
- Is available from 0-90 years old! (in most states)
- $1,000 to $100,000+ in permanent insurance coverage (fits ANY budget)
- No medical exams necessary.
- Rates NEVER increase!
- If qualified, you may receive first-day full coverage!
- Prices are VERY affordable, and designed for people on tight budgets.
If you’re interested in getting a free no-obligation quote, please click the link here to run quotes and see which of our top-rated insurance carriers you may qualify for!
Quick Navigation Article Links
- About Chime
- Add Direct Express To Chime
- 3 Quick Ways To Transfer
- Social Security To Chime
- Transfer Physically
- Direct Express Rules
- Direct Express Fees
- Why Transfer Takes Long
- Need Burial Insurance?
Chime is a company that doesn’t rely on fees to operate from consumer fees, overdrafts, monthly service, or minimum balance fees.
Chime partners with regional banks to create a more competitive market with lower-cost options for Americans that haven’t been served well by the traditional banks.
Chime keeps your money safe with security features, overdraft protection up to $200 fee-free, and your account is paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit, with no hidden fees.
Adding Direct Express To Chime
- Log in to your Chime online account at www.chime.com.
- Click Move Money
- Click Transfers
- Enter the login credentials for your Direct Express Account.
(Your Direct Express account will then be instantly linked to your Chime Spending Account.)
After you have linked your Direct Express account with your Chime account, you can then use the Chime app to make transfers from your Direct Express account to your Chime Spending Account, with the
A maximum of $10,000 per calendar day
A maximum of $25,000 per calendar month
Your funds will be available within five (5) business days.
3 Quick Ways To Transfer Money From Direct Express To Your Chime Spending Account
The Direct Express card is a safe way to receive federal government benefits.
You can transfer money from Direct Express to Cash App by
- Open Chime App,
- Or You can transfer money from a Direct Express card to a bank account by calling 1(888) 741-1115 (the number is on the back of your Direct Express Card)
- Or using Direct Express card online account at USDirectExpress.com Log into your Direct Express website or Mobile App.
You will see transfer funds or add an external account. Then add your Chime Spending account number routing number (These numbers can be found under Settings within the Chime app).
While the transfer time will depend on your old bank’s policies, you’ll usually see the money in your Chime Spending Account within a few business days.
- Discover more on how to Access Direct Express Cardless Benefit.
- Learn more on what to do when your Direct Express Card is Lost.
Step By Step How To Transfer A Social Security Check To Your Chime Spending Account
Gather your name, Social Security number, and new Chime Spending Account details.
You need all of this information to allow the Social Security office to make changes to your direct deposit.
On the Social Security administration’s website at SSA.gov there is a Direct Deposit Sign-up form (Standard Form 1199A).
Please print a copy of it. Fill out the Sign-Up form and either take it to your bank or your local Social Security office for them to process it or
- Contact the Social Security office by dialing 1-800-772-1213
- Next, you need to provide the customer service representative with your name, Social Security number, and new Chime Spending Account details.
- Verify that the Social Security representative has your correct information.
- Withdraw from an automated teller machine (ATM) and make a cash deposit at the local bank directly to an account.
- Buy a money order at a convenience store, supermarket, or post office for a nominal fee and deposit it to another account in case that bank doesn’t allow a cash deposit.
A Few Direct Express Rules To Keep In Mind
The Direct Express card supports transferring money to a personal United States bank account.
Transferring money from your Direct Express card overseas or to another card is not allowed.
You’ll need the account number you’d like to send money to and the bank’s routing number.
Fund transfers take about 2-3 business days to arrive.
A $1.50 fee will be deducted from your Direct Express card account for each transfer.
Contact Customer Service for additional fees or charges.
Some Direct Express fees
Monthly paper statement $0.75
Transfer to US bank account $1.50 per transfer
Direct Express cash access $0.85
Replacement of the debit card $4.00
Delivery of replacement card $13.50
ATM withdrawal outside the US $3 + 3% of the amount
Purchases outside the US 3%
Contact Customer Service for additional fees or charges.
Why Is My Bank Transfer Taking So Long?
If a bank transfer is taking a bit long, remember that these transfers are done through an Automated Clearing House (ACH). These transactions are only processed Monday-Fridays and not on holidays.
After transferring to Chime Spending Account, Chime’s partner asks that they hold the money for at least 3 banking days. So, it takes a bit less than a week to see the money in your Chime Spending Account.
Need Burial Insurance?
In addition to helping people with their Direct Express, questions we help people like you qualify for quality final expense life insurance coverage that pays off your funeral and cremation expenses.
These burial insurance plans are perfect for those who are retired or disabled and on a fixed income, and want peace of mind, knowing their final expenses are covered.
Some of the benefits of these programs include:
This block contains unexpected or invalid content.Attempt Block Recovery
- Rates NEVER increase like a lot of the junk mail life insurance companies you see.
- Coverage NEVER cancels due to age or health as long as you pay your premium.
- If eligible, you may qualify for first day FULL coverage with NO waiting period like many of the TV life insurance ads offer.
- Affordable premiums for those on fixed incomes.
- Plans offering immediate approval with NO health questions asked!
- Coverage available from 18 to 90 years old!
Bottom line, if you’re looking for a peace of mind, and want your family to have no burden when you pass, then these plans are for you!
Here’s how to get a free quote
Click here and we’ll get you a quote in minutes and get you the peace of mind you deserve!